SEO For Affiliate Marketing
One thing is for certain, affiliate marketers want to generate a lot of traffic because more traffic means more money. SEO for affiliate marketing is one of the easiest ways to generate more traffic and to increase your visibility as an affiliate marketer. Affiliate marketing is a great way to make some extra cash, but without visibility or high ranking content, you won’t make the kind of sales you dream of.
As an affiliate, you should work on your visibility and one way to do that is to understand how SEO for affiliate marketing works. As a new affiliate, you can find out everything you need to know about affiliate marketing here.
SEO for affiliate marketing helps drive traffic to your site and the more the traffic, the more sales you make. In this article, we have explained how you can easily understand and optimise SEO for affiliate marketing. Read on to find out how you can make more sales and earn more commissions.
4 Things You Need To Know Before You Optimise SEO For Affiliate Marketing
As an affiliate marketer, you want to ensure that you generate traffic even when you’re offline. This would require you to spend a lot of your time carrying out several activities that will do that for you. Before you can optimise SEO for affiliate marketing, you need to take note of the following.
- As an affiliate, you should already have a preferred niche. While you must pick one based on your interest and passion, you might want to consider your rates as well. Your commission rates depend on your preferred niche. So, except you want to earn a 1% commission for every sale you make, you should take your time in picking your niche.
- Working in a niche can be challenging, but you will get the hang of it if it’s something that interests you. As an affiliate marketer, you would need to be patient and practice a lot. Your choice of affiliate niche can help you exercise patience. Especially if you are selling in a niche that is of interest to you.
- Content is important and you would need to write a lot of engaging content for your audience. This is because you have a higher chance of making sales if your posts are interesting and relevant.
- Along with engaging content, you have to embed your affiliate links in all of your content before you post them on your site. Placing relevant keywords in strategic places of your articles will help you gain visibility in your niche.
Now that you have agreed to these points, let’s move on. The next part of this article will show you the 5 tips you need to know for optimising SEO for affiliate marketing.
5 Tips For Optimising SEO For Affiliate Marketing
In this part of the article, we will look at 5 tips that will help you effectively optimise SEO for affiliate marketing. These tips are clear-cut and self-explanatory. If you follow them through, you will get a better understanding of SEO for affiliate marketing.
1. Find The Perfect Niche
SEO for an affiliate marketing becomes much easier if you have a specific niche. As an affiliate, you would need to find a niche that you’re interested in. While interest is a key factor in selecting niches, you should also consider the commission rates that each niche pays.
Usually, commission rates for affiliate marketers rank as low as 1% – 10% or as high as 50% – 70%. The rate at which you will fall in will be determined by the niche you finally settle on.
Finding a niche is advised because affiliate marketing requires a lot of patience and working in your preferred niche motivates you. Once you choose a niche, you should proceed to find the perfect product that you would promote.
2. Choose The Right Product In Your Niche
There are lots of products that can be found in a particular niche. For instance, you will find a whole lot of options if your preferred niche is healthy living. Healthy living for pregnant women and healthy living for diabetics are some of the sub-niches you might find under healthy living.
There are two major benefits when you choose sub-niche:
- You understand how your customers buy your products, which would make selling to them easier.
- You would gain mastery in that niche and would be able to talk about it convincingly.
One good platform where you can get options for sub-niches is on ClickBank. On ClickBank, you will find a sub-niche that has created so much buzz and meets your requirements as well. Before you select a sub-niche, however, be sure that it is a field that you have more than basic knowledge of.
3. Find The Right Keywords Your Audience Use
The best part of SEO for affiliate marketing is that you would need to focus on finding the right keywords for your audience. Keywords are very important in SEO for affiliate marketing and they help generate traffic for your site.
To know the kind of keywords you should be looking for, visit the sites and blogs of other affiliate marketers in your niche. Read their articles and take note of the words they use repeatedly. When you have done that, follow these steps.
- Take the top 10 keywords you find and insert them on Google keyword planner.
- Google would give you results of related keywords that rank the most.
- Use these keywords in the content that you post on your site and social media platforms.
4. Use Long-Tail Keywords Instead
Long-tail keywords are easy to rank and can boost your visibility because they are less competitive. Their low competition does not reduce their high level of conversion rates.
To search for long-tail keywords, enter your initial keyword in Google search. Go to the end of the page and you would see long-tail, related keywords that you can use.
For instance, let’s say your keyword is ‘travel’, after you search for it you might see the following at the end of the page.
- How to travel with little or no savings.
That is a long-tail keyword you can use to increase your visibility and rank your articles. Other long-tail keywords will appear, and all you need to do is select the one that strikes you the most.
5. Embed Your Keywords In Your Articles
What is the essence of SEO for affiliate marketing if you don’t embed them in your articles? When you write articles for your products, you should think of possible ways that you can provide solutions for your readers.
One tool that comes highly recommended for SEO for affiliate marketing is the Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress. For starters, your content can be as short as 1,000 words or as long as 1,500 – 2,000 words. This depends on the kind of article you are writing and the amount of information you want to write.
Longer articles carry more information and provide more answers. And be sure to embed your keywords in strategic areas when you write. Here are some of the places you can out them.
- In the title of the article.
- The meta-description (if any).
- The first 3 paragraphs or first 50 words of the article.
- In 2-3 subheadings.
That’s it! These are the 5 easy steps you should follow to optimise SEO for affiliate marketing and work it to your advantage.
Conclusion On SEO For Affiliate Marketing
SEO for affiliate marketing is an important part of your affiliate journey. Proper SEO optimisation will get you more traffic and will enable you to make more sales and earn more commissions. If you follow the guide that has been provided for you in this article, you will be surprised by how much you’ll boost your sales.